Tucson Serious Personal Injury & Product Liability Cases
What is Products Liability?
The law holds companies involved in the chain of manufacturing and distribution of any product responsible for any injuries or damages caused by that product. Aside from the actual manufacturer, other responsible parties may include distributors, retailers, repairers, assemblers, component suppliers and testing laboratories. Products liability claims can be based on negligence, strict liability, breach of warranty and various consumer protection claims. No matter where an injury has occurred, it must be proven that the product is defective in order to win a products liability case. Often times proving liability can be difficult which is why it’s important to choose an experienced product defect attorney to handle your case. There are three types of product defects that may render manufacturers and suppliers responsible:
- Design Defects (a flaw in the intended design of a product that causes it to be unreasonably dangerous)
- Manufacturing Defects (when the product does not conform to the specifications of the designer or manufacturer)
- Marketing Defects (improper product labels, insufficient instructions, or the failure to warn about a products hidden dangers)
Examples of product liability cases:
- Motor Vehicle Defects including defective seat belts, tire defects such as a tire blowout, and unsafe SUVs resulting in SUV rollover injuries or death
- Defective Workplace Machinery such as nail guns, punch presses and other construction or manufacturing equipment
- Dangerous Pharmaceuticals such as the pain relievers Vioxx and Bextra, diet pills and cholesterol drugs
- Medical Devices such as heart monitors, heart valves, prosthetics
- Cosmetic implant surgeries including breast, penile and other cosmetic surgeries
- Lasik Eye Surgery
- Defective Airplanes, Motorcycles & ATVs
Catastrophic injuries are especially devastating. Simply put, a catastrophic injury is any damage that significantly decreases your quality of life. For instance, if you or a loved one suffered paralysis in a car accident, you may be entitled to significant financial compensation for your injury. Paralysis is a life-altering injury that significantly impacts an accident victim’s quality of life. Additionally, many catastrophic injuries result in decreased enjoyment of life and lost wages.
We understand the serious nature of catastrophic injuries. The firm is also prepared to handle spinal cord injury cases and traumatic brain injury cases. Victims of serious injuries require extensive medical attention. Unlike less severe injuries, some serious injuries necessitate life-long medical treatment, physical therapy or care
Companies with Bad Products
When’s the last time you put your very life in the hands of an absolute stranger? When you think about all the products you encounter each and every day, it becomes clear that you may be doing so at this very moment. Unfortunately, our trust is sometimes misplaced in the companies who have a duty to protect us. Product liability is an area of the law that deals with defective, improperly designed or improperly manufactured items that cause harm.
In order to have a valid product liability case, an individual must be able to prove that there was some design or manufacturing defect that caused harm. Actual injury with measurable harm has to have occurred, and the injury victim plaintiff who brings the Arizona product liability lawsuit must be prepared to present substantial evidence and that usually includes expert witness testimony to prove the claim.
The field is a broad one and each case is different from the next. However, one variable remains the same – individuals who wish to recover monetary compensation in product liabilities do much better when they are represented by serious, savvy counsel who understand the many ins and outs of product liability law, know how to construct a solid case, and can draw upon their reputation and experience in the field as they represent their clients.
If you or a loved one has suffered a serious personal injury resulting in lasting impairment or life changing disabilities, you might expect the insurance company to be sympathetic or at least to treat you fairly and deal with your claim in an honorable manner. Unfortunately, this is often not the case.
Big companies have lawyers to aggressively represent their interests. Who will represent yours?
We have extensive experience and an in-depth understanding of the tactics companies use to limit the financial compensation they pay to accident victims who have suffered serious personal injury. We use this knowledge to the benefit of our clients, to get them the best settlement possible.
We know how big companies work – We used to represent them.
Our Tucson personal injury attorneys represent the seriously injured in a wide variety of cases, including:
- Brain injury resulting in physical impairment or cognitive difficulties
- Spine injury resulting in nerve damage, chronic pain, paralysis, paraplegia or quadriplegia
- Severe burns and other injuries resulting in scarring and disfigurement
- Amputation or loss of function in a limb
- Badly broken bones and damaged joints
- Permanent, life changing disabilities and any serious personal injury that has a substantial effect on your life, your future and your ability to work.
In representing the seriously injured, we utilize decades of experience, and proven negotiation and courtroom skills, to get maximum compensation for our clients. We fight hard for your legal recovery, and for compensation for any medical expenses, lost income, or other losses you may have. We know that insurance companies don’t offer large settlements up front – they only do so after their liability and your damages and losses have been clearly proven.
Contact Our Office Today
To discuss your rights and legal options after a serious personal injury due to another’s negligence or wrongful acts, please call our Tucson law firm at 520-293-5300. You may also contact us using the Contact Form above for more information or to schedule a free consultation.